What is Mockup? … Mockup is a miniature or model of a building that will be created, in order to facilitate the visualization of the design results. either in the form of structural, interior, exterior or siteplan design. The characteristics of the model are usually in the form of imitation in three dimensions, have a small scale (mini), materials used for manufacturing are usually using wood, paper, clay, etc.
The function of the miniature model building itself is:
- A tool in presenting to the public or the public about plans for the building to be built.
- As a form of introduction to geometry.
- Usually used to strengthen the function of brochures and advertising as a marketing information media.
- Makes it easy for consumers to understand the shape of the house quickly.
- Indeed, in the world of property, maket is not a taboo thing to discuss. Because by using miniature models, both developers and the public can imagine how the design of the property will be built. In general, mockups are interpreted as miniature models of the design of buildings that are designed or to be built. The work of making these models is usually done by final-level architecture students as presentation aids or in development projects.
The type of the model itself is divided into 3 parts, namely:
- architectural / building model (1: 200 scale, 1: 100, 1:50)
- interior model (scale 1:20, 1:10, 1: 5, 1: 1)
- detailed model (scale 1:20, 1:10, 1: 5, 1: 1)
- A model is no more and no less is something abstract only a picture of something that is actually at stake is not an exact description of a reality, but the process of simplification to get the form of prescribed absences.
- As for models that are worthy to be presented, marking the completion of a design process and requiring a great effort in building miniature model buildings to look more perfect than the picture of reality.